5/8/12

Roast Beef, Arugula, Parmesan on a Baguette

Yesterday was my first day back on the Calorie Counting bandwagon.
And it wasn't so bad!
Part of my new eating plan is to cook 3 times a week and eat Lean Cuisines 3 times a week and then we eat with our parents on Sundays.
Monday's meal was found HERE. And it was DELICIOUS!
The best part was that I harvested the arugula from our very own garden.
Arugula 
If you've ever had arugula then you know that it has a peppery flavor. So good!
We added mustard and mayo to ours, which added some calories, but not much.
I also tried toasting the bread with the cheese and that was good too!
Definitely a re-make.
What did you have for dinner?
Do you love arugula?

4 comments:

Team Smith Adventures said...

You grow arugula? That is awesome! If you ever have more than you can eat, pass it our way!

PS Is it roughly the same calories as lettuce or spinach?

KaceFace said...

That looks SO good!!! I was so busy with the kids last night I did t even sit down for dinner, I dont even think I ate dinner!!! I just shared some blueberries and a 90 cal bar with Easton... Oops, so not healthy, I'll eat a real dinner tonight.

Rebecca M said...

We BBQ'd chicken seasoned with lemon pepper and made chicken sandwiches using sandwich thins! We grilled enough chicken for tonight and are serving it with rice and broccoli. We had such a nice time grilling outside while the girls played and we just ordered picnic tables for our front patio that will be delivered on Saturday so I'm looking forward to a summer full of bbq'ing and eating outside!

Kellie said...

Christy, yes, arugula is 3 calories for a half cup. So basically nothing. :) And it has a great flavor!

Kacey, seriously?! I cannot understand how people forget to eat. Because I NEVER do.

Rebecca- YUM! We should get together and cook a healthy/yummy dinner some night. Wouldn't that be fun?